So You Think You Can Drink (Less)? You Can!
- What if you could change your drinking without paying thousands of dollars in treatment costs?!
- What if you could pick your own drinking goal, and it didn't have to be abstinence--unless you wanted it to?!
- What if you could work towards moderation? (Hint: you can!)
- What if you could change your drinking by addressing it on your own time, in the privacy of your home, with the help of a professional?
- sleeping better through the night and waking up rested
- getting your exercise done in the morning because you don't feel hungover
- being more productive at work because you feel clear-headed
- no more arguments with your partner about your drinking
- having a drink or two and then being able to STOP!
- paying for a family vacation, buying a new car, or having a down payment for a home, instead of paying tens of thousands of dollars in treatment costs!
Problematic Drinking Can Hurt
You already know this though. Problematic drinking can hurt:
- your relationships
- your work
- your health
- your finances
Traditional Treatment Can also Hurt
Just because you have a problem with alcohol doesn't mean that treatment should be painful or shaming. Traditional treatment can hurt:
- your work, family, time, and money
- you can't afford to take 28 days off of work or risk losing your job to learn how to stop drinking
- you don't want to leave your partner and kids for a month.
- you don't want to use all of your paid time off for treatment
- you don't want your boss, colleagues, or clients to know you have a problem with alcohol
- you know the rates of failure for traditional treatment and you don't want to gamble tens of thousands of dollars, hoping that you are one of the few who remain sober
My Name is Amber Holt
I'm a licensed clinicial social worker and a master addiction counselor. Over the past 20 years, I have helped hundreds of people struggling with addiction and mental health challenges.
I have seen first hand the harms that come from substance misuse, in clients as well as in family members. I've learned that people don't fit into one-size-fits-all boxes.
I'm here to offer you an alternative to traditional addiction treatment.
In This Course, You Will Get 6 Weeks of Content
Each week will include lessons and homework. Some weeks will be heavier with lessons and other weeks will be heavier with homework. Here are examples of what the weeks will look like.
- 6 weeks of content
- Lessons released weekly
- Short lessons (10 minutes or less) that you can do on your own time, in the privacy of your home
- Personal support from me via email throughout the course
- 3 LIVE office hour video sessions--ask me anything you want, get personal guidance, peer support, and TONS of encouragement as you create your own unique path towards your goals
- Access to all course materials for 1 year
- One individual coaching session with me (value $175)
- Downloadable mindfulness meditation called "Mindful Drinking" (value $27)
- Downloadable guided imagery meditation to help you manage cravings (value $27)
"I am so absolutely grateful for this class. For years I have been feeling so isolated in the thought that if I didn’t want to join AA or another abstinence-based curriculum, I wouldn’t be able to access help and guidance. Finding this course on IG through a friend that shared your harm reduction images was a such an incredible coincidence. I feel like I can finally talk openly about why I drink, how I drink, and how I can improve safety while drinking. I never thought it was possible to get guidance on this, surrounded by only the sober or not dichotomy growing up. This revelation has been profoundly beneficial to me and I'm super thankful for your support, teachings, and hard work."
"If anyone is on the fence about taking this class, the only thing I would say is "Take it!""
3 months post class: "I wanted to let you know how good I am doing. I am still tracking daily. This is my second week of not drinking Sunday through Thursday!!!!"